What is Green Power
Green power is the electricity produced from renewable, sustainable sources, such as wind, solar or biomass. They are called green sources of energy because they don't deplete non-renewable resources and don't product by-products that can harm the environment. Puget Sound and Energy's Green Power program is dedicated to expanding the use of renewable power generated from environmentally sound resources in the Pacific Northwest.
Bee Hive Candles' voluntary participation in the Green Power program lets us join the effort to develop more renewable energy by supporting existing and other new projects throughout the region.
Using 100% Green Power helps to ensure a healthier and more beautiful world for future generations.
Why We Choose Green Power
- Reduce our dependence of fossil fuels
- Support the development of a wider range of renewable energy
- Bolster the local economy by supporting regionally produced, renewable energy
- Protect the natural beauty of the Pacific Northwest
- Leave a clean energy legacy for future generations
A Certified Program
Green-e Energy certifies that PSE's Green Power Program meets the minimum environmental and consumer protection standards established by the non-profit Center for Resource Solutions.
For more information on Green-e Energy certification requirements, call 1-888-63-GREEN or visit www.green-e.org.